Andrew Jackson developed The Hermitage, which he purchased in 1804, from a two-story log house into a working cotton plantation, the source of his wealth. NEH funding to Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage has included support for archaeological investigations, the restoration of the plantation’s interior, and a full reinterpretation of the site. Cumulatively, these grants have ensured that the historical information presented by the site is accurate and engaging for visitors.
View By Location
Or View By Impact Area